Quote:

2. How do you effectively smooth and level the body without first shooting a filler primer? Lots of bondo everywhere, then sand it all off??

[\quote]

My car began life as a car of many colors and bondo work. Initially I used black spray cans of primer to give the car one color ( to keep cops from eyeing it too much when I had it out on the road ). When I was in the midst of doing the 'roller paint job' with Tremclad and made the switch over to Brightside paint, I re-rolled the entire car using Interlux's Pre-Cote primer. It does an excellent job of coverage AND you can cut it with 50% of the paint you are going to use AND it can be sanded smoooth. Yes, that primer comes in a can and can be cut with thinner and rolled just like the paint. I then sanded the primer to as smooth as possible.

Quote:

3. Marq, do you think Brightside could be easily sprayed out of a HVLP?

Yes... Brightside can be applied to a surface in a number of ways. HVLP is a good way to get a smooth application done... just be sure to take all appropriate safety measures from all the 'stuff' that is going to be in the air

Quote:

4. Did the Brightside paint require as much wetsanding between coats as the Tremclad did? I'm trying to save myself some wetsanding time...

With the Brightside you will end up reducing the number of wetsandings BECAUSE it will take less coats of paint. Less coats of paint means less wetsanding when you are wetsanding every second coating... ( Tremclad/Rustoleum roller paint may take up to 8 coatings - Brightside roller paint may take only up to 4 or 5 coats of paint )

Last edited by Marq; 08/20/06 04:27 PM.