Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This coming up week, ill be waiting for parts/not getting much done to the car. Anyone just tell me what chemical is used to thin rustoleum primer?

thanks.

Mineral spirits. Even the professional rustoleum (safety red) I got that said thin with acetone only worked fine with mineral spirits.

Thanks exit. the rustoleum primer at my lowes goes by latex. the regular paint is oil based. so i figured there would be a difference in thinning method. thanks

Oh! I didn't know it was latex, I thought it would be some kind of oil based enamel. I take it back, dunno what it would be thinned with.

I like charger's idea to just put some rustoleum on it. If you want it primer color just get "smoke gray" which looks exactly like primer despite the label.

Thats what i ended up going with, i had about a 1/2 quart already and i bought another. poured them into a 1gallon metal can and I will mix the mineral spirits so its the right consistancy...well, ill be guesstimating...

is it better to have it too thick or too thin? What are the side effects of each? Meaning if the first coat i put on i can always thin out the next coat some. I know thicker will cover better, but maybe not lay down as well. But maybe it wont run either. Would i be safer running it a little thick? I really want the car one color, but theres a chance i might get motivated enough to polish it/wetsand it some day. Smoke gray also comes in cans for jambs and such I'll give rolling a shot sometime this week.

I have to figure out how to wipe/wash the car down from the dust while its immobile in the garage.

So i'll be rolling Smoke Gray sometime this week, I'm doing some sanding/prep as of now. Keep ya posted.

Thanks