Quote:

Quote:

They mentioned using a clear over the paint to resist fading. Has anyone found Quarts of good clear anywhere? I can only find Spray cans and defintiely would prefer to stick to rolling.

No... I think the summary 'should be' that most paints when exposed to the sun will 'eventually' fade. I don't think the Tremclad/Rustoleum will fade any soon than any other paint.

And you must remember that Tremclad/Rustoleum is designed for use outdoors and exposed to the elements. So I suspect that it does have UV protectants or UV resistance built into it.

A clear coat is not going to resist fading UNLESS the clear coat contains Ultra Violet filtering ( which most of them do not ).

HOWEVER... you can lay a car polish on to your painted surface that does contain UV protection.

In the case of the Brightside paint, it DOES contain UV protection within the paint itself. So it should resist fading straight out of the can. HOWEVER even with the Brightside you can us a polish / wax that will contain UV protectants to double up your anti-fade protection.

Last edited by Marq; 04/06/07 08:14 PM.