Brentville - I totally agree with your thought process, and i think your on the right track.

Speaking from what i consider to be a good amount of expirence under my belt, i've sprayed over 10 cars, and helped buddies do many more. I can say i screwed up the first 2, the next one passed for a basic macco el-crapo paint job, and my work did'nt really get "professional" until the 4th or 5th paintjob. The learning curve of spraying paint is really hard, and ALOT of things can go wrong really quick, like over/under reducing the paint (been there done that, took me weeks of sanding/stripping paint), and even to the point of selecting the right temp range reducer for the paint your using. You really have to know what your doing to spray paint, and the typical "home" setup is almost destined to turn out bad, everything is working aginst you, dirt/dust, hair, and the lack of ventalation really hurt your outcome. Painting outside of a booth in your garage is dangerous, and hazzardous to your health. The whole concept of a booth is to remove your overspray, the paint that is atomized in the air and just floating around getting on everything you own, and then some, and that paint falls out onto your fresh paint. A booth constantly pulls filtered air down and away from the car, removing this fallout problem, which asside from dirt/dust was my biggest problem to overcome in my "home" garage booth. No matter how seasoned you are it's difficult to pull off a nice paintjob in your garage.

Wheeeew, ok, now lets look at the roller, no mess, no expensive equipment, clean process, no complicated mixing ingreedients, just thin and paint, wetsand and buff, wax and

For ME, it's a no brainer, then with all the $ i saved doing it myself for next to nothing, i buy the wife a present, take her out to dinner, and i got a nice shiny all one color car in the garage, and i'm one lucky guy for like a month!!!