Quote:

I was wanting to know, Marq or anyone, what rattlecan brand and color is a close match to the Brightsides Fire Red? I got some Brightsides from the guy on Ebay but haven't been able to find a close match in a spray can locally.

Yes... the Rustoleum/Tremclad 'Fire Red' is almost identical to the Brightside 'Fire Red'. In fact I used the Tremclad 'Fire Red in the trunk, engine compartment, door jambs etc and you cannot detect any difference against the exterior body part that were painted with Brightside 'Fire Red'.

It seems that this particular shade of red is quite popular among the paint manufacturers. I noticed two of the other marine paint companies, AWLGrip and Petit both have an identical shade of red.

In the spray bombs there are also a number of other manufacturers that produce a similar 'Fire Red' color. The only caution I would throw in is that I would not use a lacquer based 'Fire Red'. There may be a compatibility problem there... because the lacquer based paints tend to cause wrinkling on enamels and polyurathanes.

So if you cannot get some Tremclad/Rustoleum 'Fire Red'.. just be sure to get an enamel based type of paint. The only polyurathane spray bomb that I saw was a Varathane 'Fire Red'....

I did look into one other option.... We have a local body shop supply jobber that makes 'custom cans' of spray paint. They will take any color of paint you want and put it into a spray can. These are the 'tall' size spray cans. The only downfall with getting some cut Brightside put into a spray bomb is that the jobber charges $25 per can.... OUCH... So that is why I went with the Tremclad 'Fire Red' at $7.98 per tall boy...