Quote:

Another thing are you just using 1200 and 1500 grit sandpaper? or are you starting off the 1st wetsanding with 600g?

I started off with a 400 grit... then I went over that same area with a 600 grit for the first wet sanding.

For the second wet sanding I went with an 800 grit and then I went over that same area with a 1000 grit.

I just completed the third wet sanding by using a 1000 grit and then I went over that same area with a 1200 grit.

I have not read enough yet to decide how to finalize the final coat. For the boaters using Brightside paint, it appears that they just stop with the final coat of paint. I do know that I probably shouldn't do anything to the final coat for a couple of months.

I know on my Firebird GTA - with a polyeurothane paint job - that I have never polished or done anything to it since the day it was done. The only thing I do with it is wash it and it still maintains the same WET LOOK that it had when it was painted about 12 years ago.

So the odds are that the final coat may never get anything more than a wax polishing if the high gloss shine holds up like I suspect it will.

And as previously noted, it appears that the paint folks at Interlux have a specific wash and wax for this Brightside paint. I don't know if I will buy that specific brand.. or whether I will try to track down the chemical equivalent that is available 'off the shelf' and probably much cheaper than the Interlux specific brand.

Last edited by Marq; 07/03/06 10:53 AM.