Quote:

the surface was super smooth until i let the car sit for a few days and it collected dust and it seems like it's making the smooth surface rough again...even after i washed off the dust, i can still feel that it is rough

widebody,

It sounds like you have some solvent pop going on. I don't think you will have dust sticking several days after polishing. I do think that since you put it in the sun, trapped solvents are starting to work their way to the surface. When this happens what you get is very small blisters that work their way to the top then once the solvent evaporates, they harden again. Sorta like little goose pimples that harden.

I have seen it a lot with regular auto body paints that were laid on without sufficient flash time between coats. That is one of the reasons I like to let my primers sit for a few days before applying top coat.

One sure fire way to tell is to smell your paint. Park it in the sun for a little while then smell the paint. If you can still smell it, then it has not fully cured yet and there is a good chance you have solvent trapped in it.

-Dave