Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

regular old dawn will remove wax, grease, pretty much everything. But they do also make a special cleaner for wiping the car before you paint. Kinda pushes you over the $50 part, but if you are going to do it, why not do it right? i think it is called wax/grease remover or something like that. Pretty much any parts store will have it.

Brew

Dawn is a great grease and wax remover, switch to a real car wash soap..

So if I use Dawn dish washing detergent to wash my truck, I'm stripping off the wax? I hope not, because I just use and ounce or so of regular dish washing detergent in a couple gallons of water to wash my truck. If it's stripping off the wax, I'll use something else.

69dartGT is correct, do not use dawn for regular washes. It will remove the wax you have (if any anymore. ) the car wash soap is pretty cheap, probably $5 for a gallon. probably cheaper than dawn anyway.

Brew

The Dawn Power Dissolver foam detergent for baked on grease will also remove paint. There was a lengthy discussion on thesamba(Volkswagen forum)about using it to strip paint. It was extremely effective.