My name is Joe and i have been reading this thread for the last month or so. It just seems great! I have been thinking about painting my car for quite a while and found this thread about a month ago. I have been reading and getting real excited about trying out the process for a while. I just started with my first coat today! i really need some practice. From what i have read i found the best results seem to come from really thin coats. So this is what i did. I think my paint was too thin. I went with a 50/50 mix and it ran everywhere. No big deal though, i am still in th practicing stage so i am experimenting right now. I think things will turn out well. I will update with pictures every so often. Im sure i will have some questions as i go too so i figured id start posting now with my intro.

Here is my car as is now:

I know the paint doesn't look bad but it had just been washed in the pic and looks much better then usual. But i am using Rustoleum gloss white and i may add a flat black stripe around the bottom when i am done. Hope all goes well. I love the idea and process so far. I am 19 years old and do not have a bit of painting experience in my life. So if i can do this then anyone can. Im even having my little brother help as i go and he is 15