Well ... I've been reading this threads for 4 straight days now ... right from the beginning of the original thread. That's a lot of reading and quite frankly I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the info. I'm very excited to try this method on my car during the Christmas break. I want as high gloss as possible. Here are some of my questions hopefully Marq and others can help steer me in the right direction.

1) Marine Paint. Do I have to mix Marine Paint with Mineral Spirits? I live in Vancouver so I prefer Marine Top Side Paint. "Exit" has a separate website detailing the technique. On his website it implies that mixing MS with Brightside is the prescribed method. However on this thread ... many have used Brightside without mixing MS. I intend to mix Brightside with 20% MS ... any thoughts?

2) Home Depot sells a CIL Marine paint. It is about the same price as Tremclad for a gallon. Can I use the CIL Marine paint? It looks to be very similar to Brightside except at 1/4 of the price. Here's what CIL's website saids about this product:

http://www.cil.ca/en/brands_professional.html

CIL Professional Marine Enamel
Is a top quality oil based high gloss enamel designed for use on metal and wood. Marine quality, the high gloss finish is perfect for use where maximum durability and protection from the elements is required. Available in a wide range of popular ready mixed colours, or it can be tinted to thousands of CIL colours. Meets CGSB specification #1GP59.

I'm thinking of using a test panel and try both the Brightside vs CIL Marine. Can anyone suggest what's the best way to test the 2 paints?

3) Metallic Paint. I know it is not advised. But has anyone tried using the Tremclad Aluminum and then a Clear Coat, then wetsand? I know it was talked about way back in the original tread ... but has anyone tried it? I think I'm going to try this method on the test panel as well. Any suggestions?

4) Tremclad Clear Coat. Did anyone try this? Does it work? If using clear coat, will it reduce the amount of sanding? Will the procedure need to be changed with use of Clear Coat? Coat, Wetsand, Coat, Wetsand, Coat ... then Clear Coat? Do I have to Wetsand before the Clear Coat? My test panel is getting big ... but it looks like I'll be trying this too.

5) Spray. I've read in recent posts that some have had success using a cheap Black & Decker Sprayer. Sounds like a great idea ... especially if I'm going to use clear coat. Any suggestions? I currently don't have a sprayer, but have been wanting to buy a air compressor for a long time. If I get a air compressor ... I'll pick up a spray nozzle as well. Any suggestion on what I should look for in a air compressor and a nozzle? I think I'll need to get 2 test panels.

Thanks so much for your help.