Quote:

If its foggy it can definitely effect your finish. I would think that no matter what you do to dry it moisture will settle onto the surface.

My first thought on hearing of the foggy effect... is that you must be in an area where there is condensation in the morning... ie... warm and moist during the day with overnight temperatures dropping to a cooler temperature.

If the car is being left outside to dry... there is not much you can do to beat the effects of morning condensation except park it in the garage overnight to dry or hold off painting until the variance between the environment temperatures ( between night and morning ) levels off and the two temperature ranges become more similar.

If this is happening AND you are already leaving the car in the garage... ( ruling out the outside temperature variance variable ) then you might try adding a slightly higher ratio of paint into your mixture.

The fogging 'may' not turn out to be a problem in the end... because the fogging is technically sitting on the outer skin of the paint. When you get to the compounding and polishing stage at the end of the project, it will be removing that fine outer skin surface of the paint. The subsequent application of wax at the end of the final polishing will seal the exposed polished outer skin to prevent moisture and oxygen from reaching it.

I would assume and hope that when you add a new coat of paint to your build up of coats, that the 'fog' disappears and is consumed by the fresh layer of paint... and that the fog is only re-appearing 'after' the latest coat has dried. IF SO... then just rest assured that your later compounding and polishing 'should' be able to get the paint to the level of 'unfoginess' that you see when the paint is freshly wet or applied.