Thanks Marq mineral spirits here are quite easily available so I'll stick with them if I get the Brightside. Seeing as I've never painted before I might need the extra paint for practice and any misfortunes, now or later.
I did manage to find some 4" rollers with squared off ends, the only other type with a rounded end I have seen are 6". I can't say I've really looked too far for foam rollers so there may be others available I've not spotted yet.
Now here is a question that's had me thinking. It seems to me that when I roller a thicker layer of paint I'm going to get an orange peel effect. I am wondering what percentage of a coat of paint comprises this orange peel paint. I'm simple thinking that if a thick coat is applied and say 30% is removed then it might be better than removing 30% of a thinner coat. I know some guys don't get much of this orange peel, but being a rookie I'm just not sure I'll achieve such skill. If I've a decent thickness left I've the patience to polish and have a Porter-Cable and Farecla polishes. I think the rollering of paint is going to be my weak point, so I'm thinking how to achieve a decent job if I don't get the rollering quite right. Hope I've explained myself correctly here?