Quote:

It will be interesting to see how long these low buck paint jobs last after a couple years of exposure to the sun and weather. This is what separates the cheap paint from the more expensive automotive paint.

My Mustang McLaren ( painted in Brightside Red ) is now 2 years old and still as shiny as the day it was finished. So I would say that it has held up 'quite nicely' - and probably is in the same overall state as if I had a professional paint job at that time.

Now... I will admit that I enjoy taking my Porter & Cable out and slapping fresh coats of wax on the car every couple of months... but I would have probably have done that with a 'pro' paint job too.

Now.. if I had a pro-paint job with a clear coat, I probably would not have had to bother waxing this puppy...

But overall I am extremely pleased how this 'cheap' paint job went. The single biggest benefit to date is the fact that I was able to make the car look RESPECTABLE AGAIN. I was able to USE the car for the last two years. You have to remember that previously the poor little car had sat hidden away in my garage FOR FOUR YEARS because I did not have the $3800 that THREE PAINT SHOPS wanted for painting it.

IF ONLY I HAD KNOWN about this SIX years ago... I would have been able to drive the car for six years, instead of hiding it away in a garage.

So yes... I am pleased.... no thrilled on how this whole adventure turned out.