Quote:

Quote:

Is this standard automotive paint? If so I see a couple issues.
1.) I don't think anyone here has tried that type of paint yet. No one has tested the self-leveling capabilities of such a paint. As well, you would have to make sure it is a single-stage automotive paint (i.e. NOT a base coat + clear coat system). Even with that, unless you add the catalyst (hardener) like you would when spraying, I'm not sure it would cure properly.

Yes, it is automotive paint. From what I can tell, it's just a single stage without extras (though I do plan on clearcoating it with a spray after the paint is done)

Quote:

2.) Metallic paint. I don't know if anyone has tried a metallic, but the general thought is that the metallic particles will not say suspended properly as they would with spraying. As well, the wet sanding process will either be hindered by the metallic particles and/or grind them down.

As long as the paint doesn't run I don't see why the particles would move around, and I don't think wetsanding would be impeded too much given how small these particles are, plus with how many coats I plan on putting on it should cover nicely. I guess I'll find out.

You'll still need the catylist for the paint as well. That is what makes the paint harden as it dries. If you don't use that, the paint will remain soft and you'll never be able to sand or buff it.