Well, here is the next update. Its a little behind schedule, but that's whats great about this method. If time constraints pop up, then you can just wait and continue when you are able. This is after 1 coat to the entire body. In spots where coats overlapped, I think Im going to really like the color, its a nice deep, dark gray.

I don't think the roller lines will be a problem for 2 reasons.
1. Everyone elses progress pics that I saw pretty much had the same look on the first 2-3 coats.
2. Im getting better at avoiding them all together. I can see bigger and bigger areas without the roller marks as I get better.

Finally, I see that I am no bodyman, . I was able to make a lot of dents less noticeable, but definitely not perfect. And I missed a couple of dents as well. But I don't need it to be perfect either, and Im NOT backtracking now to try and fix them. Anywho, heres the pics...

There was a really noticeable dent right in front of the rear wheelwell.

I will either pull and paint the cowl vent panel, or pull another at the junk yard, prep and paint, then swap them out.

When I get full coverage I can see this having a nice gloss in it.

Dent in the bottom/middle of the tailgate made much less visible. Forgot about the one in the first D in Dodge. Also, with all of the nooks and contours, this tailgate is a paint in the butt to paint.

As of right now the strip at the bottom of the truck will be painted gloss black. May even do black bedliner when I do the bed.

This is the bedrail that I patched a couple of holes up with Bondo. Turned out pretty well.

1971 Plymouth Satellite
408/904 8 3/4 3.23 SG