Quote:

i hate to have to ask this question. i have browsed through many pages of these very long threads. i just need to know about how many quarts of brightside im going to need to do my car with. im going to a boatshop friday and i might buy paint then. if i do i dont want to buy too much due to the price, butid rather have too much than too little.

follow this link for an idea of the size of my car. its an 85 rx7. theyre rather small.

Using Brightside.... I would suspect that it would take a maximum of 3 cans of paint and one can of product 333 Interlux thinner.

Part of the answer about 'how many cans' will depend on where you are starting from...

a ) a car where everything is in primer... 3 cans

b ) a car where the body paint is good and just needs to be scuffed and then painted .... 2 cans

c ) a change in paint color from one color to the opposite end of the spectrum ( like white to black - or dark blue to yellow etc. ) ... 3 cans

If you apply it at the rate of about 1/2 can per coating... you may find that you can nail it in two coats ( 1 can ).

But the odds are that you will probably get to a third and fourth coat to get full coverage with good depth to the color. So that would take you to the second can.

The third can is handy to have 'just in case'.

Check on the return policy of the joint where you are buying your paint. Most of those marine paint joints are more than willing to take back an unused can IF it isn't opened and your paint covered fingerprints aren't all over the can

Last edited by Marq; 06/06/07 10:24 AM.