Quote:

Quick question. I'm using Brightside white thinned about 40% - 50% with their 333 thinner and I'm nearly done. Its working great, but my only concern is that its fairly transluscent and I don't want sanding scratches visible under the paint. Is there any danger to not sanding between coats? This paint seems pretty sticky to me.

Don't sand sticky paint, wait until you can rub your hand over it and you don't feel any drag. If the paint is still wet you'll feel a slight drag.

You can also tell its dry when you try to score it with your fingernail and it doesn't leave a mark. And when you tap on it with your nail it makes a sharp sound rather than a dull thud.

If you try to sand wet paint it'll rub right off and and clog up your sandpaper like crazy. But dry paint will rinse right out of the sandpaper.

I know the OP of this thread said you could wet sand the next day, but I have found my paint can take as long as 5-7 days to dry enough to wet sand, depending on how many coats I apply. A single coat takes me about two days to dry, FWIW.

Re scratches, you shouldn't get any with 800 grit paper, provided the paint is dry and you use plenty of water to wet sand. I like starting with 800 grit for wet sanding.