Quote:

Well I have given up on trying to add pearl to the roll on method. I was able to successfully roll on the pearl paint and it looked great, however, once I started to wet sand the paint took on a blotchy look. Its too bad because I really liked the pearl paint. I might continue on my test fender to see if I can get to the point where I can sand the pearlized paint.

Anyways I took some 320 grit paper and did a quick sanding job and will apply the non-pearl brightside over it. I will probably add 3 coats before I get to the final sanding....

This is what we figured out about the aluminum dust and other things that could be put on to the paint. BUT there is one way you could still get the pearl effect....

What you do is roll your pearled paint up to the point where you are pleased with its overall look on the car. THEN you add 3 coats of JUST PAINT without the pearl. Since the 3 just paint coats are thin... they would be translucent enough that you will still see the effects of the pearl below.

This way... you would have the 3 additional thin coats acting somewhat like a protective layer that would allow you to wet sand the paint only layer and go for the shine. But since the three thin layers are 'see throughable'... well the pearl would still be visible.... below the surface. Although the pearl will get a bit of tint...

For example, if your pearl is silverish... and the three thin coats of protecctive layer paint is blue... the pearl when seen below will take on a blue tint. But the pearl effect will still be visible - albeit somewhat subdued compared to when it was on the surface.