Iv'e been reading through his entire thread for the last three weeks, using it for reference as I have chosen to try this roller method. I started rolling my hood about 2 weeks ago following all the steps involved but I will describe what I have done for the experts here and hopefully you guys can lead me in the right direction.

I started with rusto pro. gloss white and thinned to the 3 second run method, I would guess my mix was about 60 paint 40 m.s. I started on top of primer, sanded smooth to the touch and no imperfections showing while wet or dry. I put two coats on sanded with 600 grit wet, repeated this process 4 times for a total of 8 coats. I then sanded with 1000, 1500, and lastly used 2000 grit sandpaper all wet. The paint looked GREAT before I sanded and thought I was on the right track, but as soon as I finished the sanding, I went to buffing/polishing and I feel I got terrible results. 1st, I have lots of scratches left over as well as discoloration throughout the entire paint. I resanded the entire hood trying to get the color variance out but I'm not having any luck. As soon as the hood looks good dry, no shiny spots, no color variance, no orange peel, I go back to buffing and this all re-appears in the paint. When I look at he paint against the light, it shows everything, if I look at it from the side, it looks wonderful (without direct light). My question is am I being too picky, should I just live with it the way it is, or have others had the same problem with the gloss white paint. I'm starting think a different color would not show the color variation that I'm getting but I just don't know. The picture attached is showing the part of the hood that I have buffed, as well as a section that has not been buffed.

5485584-Picture001.jpg (186 downloads)