Quote:

I am not clear on what primer/sealer to use. I have a lot of body work done so I am sure that some type of sealer needs to be used before the rustoleum roller process.

We have sort of beaten to death that topic earlier in the thread.... but with both the Rustoleum/Tremclad or Brightside paint you can paint straight over the bodywork.

The only fly in the ointment is that if you have a car of many colors ( ie bondo color different then the majority of body panels etc ), it will probably take extra coats to reach 100% color coverage on the whole car.

The main benefit of using a primer is that it seals the bodywork so that the initial coats of paint over the worked area are not sucked in like fresh paint on an old wall. As noted above, the Rusto/Tremcl and Brights will all perform the function of sealing... but a real primer will possibly save you a coat or two of paint later while trying to reach full coverage.

If you are making a radical shift in the overall color of the paint job of your car, like taking a white car and going black, blue, red etc... or a reverse from a dark car to a light color, then a primer used on the entire vehicle will give the whole car one UNIFORM color to begin painting over.

My paint initial paint, Rustoleum, was applied over scuffed paint, bodyworked and bondo'd areas, fresh fiberglass with a gelcoat, plastic unprimered front and real bumper and several different types of primer. It held up on all those surfaces without any adhesion problems.