Quote:

i have a question on how you guys did the door jambs and trunk jambs. did you actually use a roller and brush or did you spray bomb the jambs?

I began my paint job by using a Tremclad spray bomb to spray the inner door jams, underside of the hood and underside of the trunk. Since I was rolling the car body in Tremclad 'Fire Red', the aerosol is the same color as the liquid paint - so no problem on matching. And when I switched to Brightside it also was 'Fire Red' which is identical in color to the Tremclad 'Fire Red'.

At this moment, with my car in its completed state, it would take a really trained eye to spot where I used the aerosol bomb on the hard to reach spots and the more visually exposed body areas that were finished using Brightside.

I found it simply more easy and convenient to spray those hard to reach areas. As well, those areas are less exposed to road rocks or chipping, so the aerosol holds up quite well in those areas and maintains a good shine.

What I did do to give the aerosol a fighting chance is :

a ) high pressure hosed those hard to reach areas to get rid of any oils, dirt or other crap that were in there....

b ) I then followed that up by using an aerosol bomb of 'brake cleaning spray' to ensure that there was no soap or oil left on those areas. If you are going to spray this area with the 'brake cleaning spray', just make sure that you use the one that doesn't leave anything on the surface when it dries.

Also, it is important to mention that I did all those hidden areas BEFORE starting painting on the body panels or rockers. The reason : because the 'brake cleaning spray' would have eaten away any fresh paint on the rocker panels or any where else the brake cleaning spray might have flowed to. So it just makes sense to do things in their right sequence.... do the inner jambs, and undersides of the trunk and hood before you move on to the body panels.

Last edited by Marq; 03/03/08 12:08 AM.