Quote:

hey Charger i checked out his site and he is so full of crap i have a 69 chevelle that i rolled when i first read this thread about a year ago and you did a damned good job at showing us how and yes i am a painter 14yr pro (cars,houses,anything that will accept paint)so hats off to you for leading the way

Sadly I wasted a few minutes visiting that guy's crappy site. Maybe he should spend a few of the bucks he has generated from flogging his DVD to get someone to build him a less childish looking web site. My first overall impression of his site was 'snake oil salesman'. But it is all the non-car painting crap on his site that totally detracts from me taking him serious or even being slightly motivated to part with my money to buy his DVD.

ANYONE can find books on autobody work and spray painting. Oddly enough there are no books on the $50 roller paint job method ( although I bet that Hot Rod magazine saw their sales shoot through the roof when they did that eight page article putting the roller method to the test on their project Falcon ).

Now... I am not going to flame the spray method. It can produce good results and of that there is no doubt. But it's cost is definitely not in the $50 paint job league.

As well, the spray method is not as forgiving IF you make mistakes along the way. The roller method allows you to slow down the process where a mistake can be corrected and the paint job continued.

Possibly he chose to deliberately not mention the Interlux Brightside marine paint part of this thread - because that would have pitted a polyurathane paint job directly against his polyurathane paint job for shine and durability.

Oh well... the Internet is full of snake oil opportunist who hope to make their fortune flogging some odd crap to the gullible. Have you ever seen on E-Bay where some LOSER cuts pages out of old car magazines and trys to sell the full page advertisements to some enthusiast ? A sucker born every minute.

But probably what Charger noted is the best way to sum up that guy's attempt to make money selling his DVD... and that is that this message thread and the roller process was posted FOR FREE and no one here has made any money trying to sell this process or method. I tend to trust the folks who do something or share something for the love of it... over the snake oil salesman whose only motivation is to make some coin...