Quote:

Quote:

OK, here's a crappy pic of the bumper. This was with the paint thinned 20%; the 5% paint on the fender and spoiler are far more orange-peely. Nothing a little wet sanding tomorrow won't cure, but still it's a bit disappointing.

I would pull out the trusty 800 grit sandpaper and knock down all the peel. If you find it is not knocking it down agressively then resort to the 320 or 400 grit. Then wipe the entire puppy down with a clean rag that is lightly dampened with mineral spirit to remove all debris and foreign crap off it. Then hit the puppy again with a 20% or 30% mineral spirit to paint mix again.

Hopefully this time is the charm.

I know that spot on the bumper is a bit of a pain to work around because of all the different surfaces. I did the inner surfaces and more difficult to reach surfaces first and then went after the easier and more accessible surfaces after. This way I could blend out any over-runs coming from the more difficult surfaces.

Thanks for the tips. Once the fender settled out and dried it ended up being pretty decent, but that bumper is gonna be a real pain to sand! The spoiler is just as peely as the bumper but it's a flat surface and will be far easier than a flexible bumper with a zillion curves. I'm planning on hitting it all with 400 in the morning and applying another coat. All is not lost just yet! That's what I love about this method; if I sprayed the paint I'd be pretty pissed about now, but with rolling, you can fix a goof pretty easy!