Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wow.... just.... wow. I've spent the last month or so reading the entire thread, front to back... all 200 or so pages over 3 threads. Plus the Hot Rod Article, the rollyourcar.com page, the corvair page, etc.

Dude - I love those cars. Do a pic with the hood flipped open. That front hinge on the hood is really cool. Most people don't know about that.

If you've read all 3 threads, and the hot rod article, you should be good to go. Good luck with your rolling!!!

BTW - I suggest that anyone that attempts this process take the time to read all the threads. It takes a long time, but it'll save you a lot of headaches in the long run. The most commonly asked questions have been already answered.

Having said that, this is a unique experience for everyone, based on their specific car and conditions. So ask on.

If I was a jerk (don't ask my wife that question) I would propose a thread that would be a compilation of the stupidest questions one could possibly ask.

#1) Should I use 50 grit?

I agree that this entire thread is worth reading. Granted a lot of people keep asking the same questions over and over:

-Can I use a clearcoat?
-Why am I getting bubbles?
-What is the "roll and tip" method?
-Can I use metal flakes?
-How much do I thin X color of paint?

etc etc. Most of that was covered in the first thread, methinks.

Thanks for the props on my T Theres a website for 'em actually... http://www.lesabret.com if you want to check out some more pictures or info. They're neat cars and nobody seems to know what they are anymore. I'm about to pick up a second one here in a couple weeks as a project car too.

The flip-forward hood has brought me much joy in confusing younger mechanics when the hood doesn' open like "normal" and basically anybody when I flip the hood open at the gas station. Its also a heck of a lot easier to work on the car that way too.

Anyway, here are more pictures, as requested

Heres a couple of when I was working on it this summer

And random shots:

I have a flowmaster

Alibi,

Good luck on your paintjob, that car looks like it will be easy to work on because

1. Not a lot of curves to work with, just long clean lines which will be easy to spread paint on with a roller. Very easy for you.

2. The end result will amazing if done right!

If I can suggest using "Interlux Brightside Black" paint, you will achieve amazing gloss even out of the can.

I have used the Interlux black paint on my 93 Honda Civic since last year and has had no problems to report of, amazing paint and still glossy up to this day.