well guys, i'm going to paint my m body in gloss black, in all my expierience in painting, i'm seeing some very simple mistakes that some have made. A few simple tips. One, stir the paint, don't mix it.. less air better results. once paint is stirred in with your reducer. aka spirits let sit for a while for all of the air bubble to expel. when painting. gently put the roller in there so not to introduce extra air and more bubbles. put on overlapping coats, just like airbrushing or compressed air painting, let dry throughly, I would only wet sand with 1500 grit wet sandpaper for cars. fold the paper in two quarters and keep your fingers togehter and flat otherwise you will see streaks from pressure marks on your paint. I use a few drops of ivory in the warm water to lubricate the paper for ease of sanding. Use a rubber squeege only to remove the water and residue, nothing else. wipe dry with a dry lint free cloth. Orange peel is caused by dirty painting surfaces, aka, oil, grease a mist of wd-40 in the air as you sprayed down your bolts a half a block a way, it all affect the paint and causes orange peel. ON all of the edges do not sand them right to the edge, or raised pieces, you will burn through it in a second. you will not really notice if you don't wetsand just that little bit since it's a very small part of the overall sanding process. Finally buff, if you have a orbital buffer, great, less chance for burn through. If not, keep your speeds low around 3k rpm or so, not screaming, put on the buffing compound liberally and use the buffer to start the job and finish it. It should come out very very good, and a good coat of pure carnuba wax after roughly 30 days and don't wash it either and you should be good to go for years to come. Good luck all and I will post up pics when i'm in the process too.

3914640-000_0030.jpg (451 downloads)