Quote:

before i order the paint can someone please confirm
brightside is the ultimate choice for the best shine ??

i done my tests with combi color and the whole
self flatting process seems to be working fine
with minimal peel ,but of course if i can get a
better glos with brightside i would like to buy
that for doing the whole car ?

Rustoleum & Tremclad are enamel paint...
Brightside is a polyurathane paint...

Polyurathane is basically a plastic and has a naturally higher level of gloss built in to it...

BUT most importantly... the paint can only get you so far with a high shine and gloss. The real secret in the end rest with the final wet sanding, polishing, waxing and buffing.

In theory... in the hands of a good 'detail' man, you could paint your car with HOUSEPAINT and with the right wet sanding ( color sanding some folks call it ), polishing and final waxing and buffing you can make even it shine like a jewel. That is why there have been numerous discussions in this thread about the products to use when going for the final polishing stage etc.

My personal feeling is that the polyurathane wins when it comes to high gloss and shine. I think it takes less wet sanding and polishing to maximize its shine.

BUT above all, the key consideration with a polyurathane paint job is that in theory it is the more 'premium' paint job for the long term.

IF you call up MAACO... their cheapest ( errmm.. lowest cost ) paint jobs are the enamel ones. BUT if you check out their 'top of the line' paint job, you will find out that it is a polyurathane. So that should give a bit of a hint that a one stage polyurathane must have some features in it that are a few notches above an enamel paint job.

But getting back to maximum shine... just remember that it is the finishing work that will be delivering the maximum shine and gloss that can be achieved... ( and this holds true even if you had sitting in front of you a 2009 Corvette or a new Dodge Cuda with a factory paint job ). Even a factory paint job can be cranked up to a shiner and glossier level in the hands of a detailer ).