Hello all. I'm Peter. A few months ago, my car was struck by a girl going through an intersection. Needless to say, my car is in the 'rebuild' stage. I have spent most of my $$ on go fast goodies - Kenne Bell S/C along with supporting mods - and I don't have much left for paint.

I have spent the better part of two months reading, looking at pictures, etc, on this site, amongst others - btw, this is definitely the best site in terms of DIY paint - especially using the rolling method.

I have decided to roll paint on my 89 Mustang LX. I plan on doing a two tone - satin black bottom, and a charcol grey (debating a flat/satin grey) on top.

I have driven everyone who will listen crazy with this, especially the wife as I'm sure the majority of you have first hand experience.

Anyhooo...why I'm here. I've been to about 5 outlets (home depot, canadian tire, rona) and can not find Satin black in quarts. I emailed Tremclad/Rustoleum and they said mixing Flat and Semi-gloss will give me the Satin that I am looking for. Does this make sense?

Also, I have seen a few guys do the satin finish, but I am confused on the final stage...if I am correct, once the final layer is applied, I should not be wetsanding. Is this correct?

Most of the guys using gloss polish their paint afterwards, is this NOT necessary with Satin/flat?

I appreciate your help with this...I have been trying find it on my own, but as you can imagine, three different threads, with over 200 combined pages makes finding this info a little tedious.

Thanks again.

peter