Quote:

I've done one fender I have off the truck to replace the cancerous one on the truck and so far I've used the spray bomb rusto primer. Would I do better rolling the primer on for this or is the spray better for bodywork? I've got some other minor bodywork to do around the rest of the truck, but I was going to roll on a couple coats of primer over the whole truck before painting. I was just wondering if the roll on primer would stick to the sprayed on primer after it had been wet sanded. Thanks.

I would probably go with sanding down the original sprayed on primer and roll on the liquid primer.

Like the Brightside primer, you can cut the Tremclad primer with a percentage of the actual paint color to give it a helping hand at getting started towards the eventual color you have chosen.

Tremclad / Rustoleum paint is designed to be a rust inhibitor. I assume their primer is also designed to provide rust inhibition.

The one nice thing about rolling on a liquid primer is that it will go on thicker... and thereby leave you with a little extra coverage that can be wet sanded to further smooth out the primered surface.

The real key will be to make sure that the surface you are primering is sanded down sufficiently to remove the 'furry' feel that aerosol primer would have.