Quote:

Here is the car that I am going to be working on. Just picked this up. It will be painted black with brightside. I was unable to find any sand paper less then 200 and over 1500, will this be a problem? Also, how well should I clean up those rust spots, and with what? Thanks
Wish me luck.

You should be able to do the job with sand papers ranging from 200 to 1500.

To do the rust spots ... it depends on the extent of the rust spot...

If the rust spot is simply 'surface rust' that has not pitted too deeply into the metal, I would hit the spot with a 200 grit paper until I could get it down to mostly shiny metal. At this point you could put on a smooth application of bondo to just level the area up and sand it with a finer grit paper to smooth it out, level it to the rest of the surface and to feather the edgesit with the surrounding unsanded areas, so that the repair blends in and doesn't appear obvious when you add paint. You could at this point hit it with a spray primer or go straight to painting over it. Another possibility would be to add a coat of your chosen paint over the fixed area to act as the primer. The idea being that bondo'd or primered areas tend to suck in paint at first. So by priming it with primer or one application of paint, you will seal the worked area so that it doesn't suck in paint when you go to paint the entire panel.

IF the rust has turned into shale or rock... or has gone all the way through the metal.. you should knock out all the material that has gone from metal to that rock like substance. Depending on the size of the hole needing repair or filling there are a number of potential ways to fill in the hole and bring it all level with the rest of the panel surface. There are so many possible ways to go about this that I really cannot do justice to explaining it here. You might just have to do a little bit of Googling to research that topic.