Quote:

I have never personally seen another Dover White/Parchment one. Very few people I've talked to have.
I am incredibly surprized at how well the roller paint job can turn out and REALLY appreciate the information here and owe the man with the orange 69 Charger a big thanks for getting it all started.

I think we all have gone through the 'great color debate' in our minds. My McLaren Mustang... came from the factory black, was converted by ASC McLaren and painted a bright red... a subsequent owner painted the car back to black... I got my hands on it and I went through the same 'color debate' in my mind.

In the end... I took the car back to Fire Red... because I didn't want to endure the hassles and patience required to get things to a level of perfection required for black.

BUT in my heart... the color I truly want on that car is the Ford Mineral Gray that they used on the 2007 Mustangs. Because in my heart I really believe that ultimately you need to slap a color on to the car that PLEASES YOU ! To h*ll with purist who will turn up their snoot if it is not a concours matching color... To h*ll with folks who might not like YOUR CHOICE of color. The bottom line is to do whatever satisfies you. Your the dude that has to pay the bills... so who is a stranger or family to tell YOU what color 'it should be'.

At some point in the future... when money is a plenty and I can afford it... my car will ultimately lose it's 'roll your own' paint job and graduate to the genuine Ford Mineral Gray paint job done in the top of the line polyurathane. BUT until that magic bag of money drops in to my lap, I am more then pleased to enjoy my ride in its 'roll your own' Fire Red. Chicks dig red sportscars anyhow

Another thing to think about regarding color choices... is that the color palettes of various cars over the years has been overly influence by Detroit designers who in some fashionable way DICTATE to the market ( consumers ) what color YOU may have.

Sadly these Detroit fashion designers did not always make available the colors that were most flattering for the particular body line or look of a car. That is the beauty of paint shops ( or even within the limited color palette of the roll-your-owns' in that we can use colors that were not made available.

In the end... we should all fall back to the immortal words of William Shakespeare... who said : " To thine own self be true "... and that in a nutshell sums it all up... do what pleases you...