Quote:

Marq,
thanks for the reply. I have been very patient with the whole project with the exception of the last coat. I have been waiting a couple of days between laying down a coat and then wetsanding....this last coat I wetsanded, washed clean, let dry about an hour and then wiped down with mineral spirits, and the layed the fourth coat on. After thinking about it here is what has been different:

temperature was a little higher with higher humidity.

I was using my mixture that had been stored in a sealed container for a few days and then added some more brightside to thicken it up a little for the final coat (per your reccommendations about 100 pages ago!)

what do ya think?

what about the final wetsand and polish? should I do that now or sand down and lay some more coats on?

Humidity would definitely be a factor. The higher the humidity the longer you have to wait for it to cure.

BUT humidity would not normally impact just one particular patch. It would tend to affect the whole surface.

If this situation happened to me... I would rework that entire panel rather than go jumping to the polish and waxing stage. IF you can nail it perfectly, you will save yourself work during the final stages.

That is one of the beauties of the 'roller' method. In that if you botch a panel.. you can simply redo that panel and the reworked panel will simply blend in with the other panels and not stand out visually as a reworked panel.

Dunno... that is how I would go about it. Your long term satisfaction will probably be ensured, rather than suffering with that 'long term' 'what if I had taken that extra bit of time and effort' to perfect it...