Quote:

First off, I'd like to thank everyone here for ruining my life I discovered this topic via a link from The Samba, which I see many of us have made the pilgrimage from. I as up until sunrise last night reading this, and not sleeping because I couldn't stop thinking about it.
I paid $5K for a paint job for one reason and one reason alone: I didn't have the facilities. If I could build a booth in my garage, I would've sprayed this thing, but I'm already pressed for space with just the car. Seeing this topic made me feel crushed. But, this car has been a learning experience for me, so the next one will be better (and $5K cheaper!)
Have a few questions, though:
1. Definitely want to go the Brightside route. Sounds all around better. Has anyone put together a thorough guide on how to do it, yet? I've picked up bits and pieces from this topic, but hoping someone collaborated everything in one place.

Its pretty much the same process as rustoleum. Roll it on and sand every other coat with progressively finer grades. I thinned my mixture to the 2% milk consistency using Brightside's thinner, but others have rolled it straight.

Quote:

2. Can Brightside paints me mixed with each other? As in can I add some white to the light blue to make it even lighter? I'm talking only using Brightside paints, not mixing other brands into it or tinting it.

Yes. See here.
http://www.electric-lemon.com/?q=comment/reply/174

Quote:

3. How does the paint store? I was hoping to buy a gallon of the stuff, mix up my color, and save it to fix up dings and such without having to worry about mixing more and not getting the right color.

My experience is that Brightside does not store well after being opened. The top layer will harden. This thick layer of paint can be removed and the remaining paint stirred, but you may be losing some important paint properties in the process.

Quote:

4. Foam rollers are awesome, I laid down Masterseries on my chassis with one beautifully, but not applicable in certain places. What about doing car rims, for example, which aren't very flat and full of curves and holes and such?
Thanks guys. Hoping to use this stuff to paint my rims and some interior pieces I have left. And to do many, many more cars in the future

I painted my steel rims with small foam brushes and a brstle brush to get in the seam where the wheel center joins the rim. It was very slow work, but it is doable if you're not in a hurry.