After reading every single post and viewing every attached picture/video, I'm also preparing to follow suit like so many others here. I found out about this thread from a post on MopedArmy.com. Now, personally I think it silly do work through this process on a moped (a real rattle can project), but I know this is a PERFECT project for my convertible.

I've long needed paint on my car. Since the day I got it actually. About 3 years ago I decided it was going to have to be a two-tone job - Dk Red and Black. Going through 1.5 years worth of posts and checking out paint suppliers, I was starting to get depressed thinking I wasn't going to find a sample of what I was wanting - Then I saw pics posted by 73Bugg. He used the colors I wanted, and ironically enough, on a VW too! Only difference is that I'm going the other way around - black on the bottom and red on top.

The car I'm going to be working on is a 1985 VW Cabriolet. Original color (according to the door jams, trunk, and behind all the trim/mirrors/door handles/etc) is Titan Red Metallic. It was a factory BC/CC. A previous owner got a Maaco/Scheib job ontop of that in what i assume once was a true red that has been completely beaten by neglect and weather.

Still haven't decided if I should go ahead and try to add the metal flake like 78D150CLUB has done or not... I think I'd kinda like to get it back... hard to say

anyways
Cheers to every one that has helped contribute, and g'luck to everyone working on their projects!