Quote:

Has anyone found a clear that can be used over the rustoleum paint? i know that it technically doesn't need it, but i would like to try it and see if it brings up the shine a little. just wondering if i can roll this on as well or will the clear need to be sprayed.

Believe it or not... I find that my car gets shinier and shiner each time I polish it. But I will admit that I have been less then pleased with some car polishes then others.

My personal favorite is still the Meguiars Pure Carnuba. It gave me the best shine. But I got even better results using the Turtle War that is specifically designed for red paint jobs. It not only darkened my red paint job while laying on a great shine.

Today I was at a 'liquidator' store and they liquidating Black Magic 'synthetic' wax. It had a lovely almond smell and was selling for $1.49 - so I figured that even if it was crap, it wouldn't be a big loss. Well.... let me tell you... the stuff worked great. I will have to go back and grab a few more tubes of the stuff.

I had bad luck with a number of the 'detailer' quality sprays that promise to tweak up your paint's shine for show and go. I bought the Lucas brand and for the first time ever I was disappointe in a Lucas product. I had to repolish it after, using the Turtle wax to restore the shine and depth of color.

I also had no luck whatsoever with the super-advanced 'Turtle Ice' or the 'NuFinish'. The Turtle Ice held great promise and i really liked the idea that it dried clear ( so you can't see wax dried out in the gaps on the car ). But overall it had the same whacked out effect as the Lucas detailing shine stuff. ( oh... by the way.. I am now only using the Lucas shiney stuff on my TIRES - I won't allow it on the paint job )

I know you started the topic by looking for a quick fix coating that might help to give your paint job a 'clear coat' look. But in my own humble way I am trying to say that each time you polish and wax your paint job you will see the shine and depth of color continuing to improve.

Naturally a Porter & Cable helps to make each polishing and waxing session a pleasure.

Last edited by Marq; 05/20/08 09:37 PM.