I agree with Marq. Maybe start out with the Hot Rod article, then Exit's site, then read the threads. Even though I've already painted a few cars, I'm still learning. I enjoy scanning other sites too for ideas. This is new, exciting territory Charger has opened up for us. We still need more feedback and fine tuning.

BTW, I like penetrol too, but I did the usual procedure first (as outlined by Charger and Exit)then used Penetrol on the final coats- Brightside Black (5% MS, 30% Penetrol), Pettit Burgundy (5% MS and 40% Pentrol.) I was happy with the minimal orange peel and the HUGE gloss. I did Sanding/Polishing only on the runs and major f**k-up areas. At the time I was painting, I couldn't locate a Zahn cup, so I used 69DartGT's idea-stirred the paint with a stir stick, lifted the stir stick, then started counting. When it started dripping at around 3 seconds, I had the right combination of MS/Paint/Penetrol. But that was ONLY with MY conditions (temperature,paint type, and surface area.) It may be different for the rest of you.

I once used Penetrol too with Rustoleum white (the same ratio as I used with Brightside.)

3564273-bug2.JPG (424 downloads)