[quote

The bondo is mainly a skim coat in the areas where I had to use it, so hopefully that will lessen the potential effect you referred to.

I new it would be easier to cover if I primed it, I just got overanxious since I finally had some time and the weather was co-operating.

After pulling the car outside in the sun I found a whole bunch of minor prep areas that need to be addressed, so I just need to back down and take my time and do it right.

But overall - this is still AWESOME!

Thanks again.

That's one of the good points about this method of roller painting. As you lay on your first coat... things begin to pop out at you that you hadn't noticed or hadn't caught originally.

So you can bring the entire painting process to a dead stop and fix all the defects that have suddenly become obvious.

With the roller process... your face is working within 2 feet of the car and you can catch things. That is where the roller process can be a little annoying... because we are all striving to do the best job possible. So we get picky - even pickier than a body shop...

But at least with the roller process you can fix those minor glitches and then simply go back to the rolling of paint.

When folks are spraying a car... things are a little different because their spraying session is usually a one step stage. And if any defects are found after spraying... then you have to decide whether to repair the defects and repeat the spraying process or simply let it go.

So that is a positive benefit of the roller process.

I was going to mention that IF you do lay a coat of paint over a thirsty bondo area... you do have the option of simply allowing a longer curing time and then moving on to the next coat. In theory that first coat that got slurped into the bondo will have hopefully fully evaporated. The curing of the first coat of paint over the bondo will work to seal the surface - and in doing so it will serve as a primer for the sealing purposes if it has been given an adequate time to harden and cure.