Well I guess it's my turn to give this a try. Just wanted to say thanks to all that have supplied the valuable information that I have read over the past month or so and to charger for paving the way in this endeavor.

After getting my Maacco estimate for over #3800.00 for a basic paint job I figured for a couple of hundred bucks and my time I can do better. So here is what I am starting with

1973 Pontiac Grand Prix

The body is in real good shape except for a couple of dings in the drivers door and the Vinyl Top. The worst part of the body was the vinyl top. Was not thrilled about taking it off but it really looked like crap and it was bubbling all over so here is what I found underneath

Since I was thinking about putting a new vinyl top on it I figured I would use some Por 15 I had leftover on the roof for the rust. Seeing how it actually looked pretty good when I rolled it on, I can see how rolling rustoleum on would actually work.

I am looking at doing this in Orange but I have been unable to locate Brightside in orange, anyone know if it's available? If not I'm thinking about doing it in yellow, trying to get it as close to my old Challenger as I can. It's Corvette Yellow, hopefully the yellow of Brightside will be close

Either way it should be an interesting project. I hopefully will be getting the rest of the body work (minor dents and dings) finished in the next few weeks and get started on it soon. Oh and another thing for anyone who has changed from black to a lighter color. I'm thinking that I would primer it to hopefully make it not as difficult to cover, any suggestions?

Thanks

Joe