Okay, I decided since I was burning thru layers when wetsanding that my paint was obviously to thin. I mixed up a new batch at a 1 to 4 ratio. Actually I used a measuring cup and mixed 1 cup paint to 1/4 cup mineral spirits. That would be like 20% spirits, right? This gave a much thicker consistency than I used before. Between milk and a "heavy cream" consistency. The orange peel with this mixture is a little more pronounced than before but I may have to live with that to get a thicker coat of paint. All of the bubbles still self popped, leading me to beleive that I was not to thick with this mix. My plan is to give it a once over with 800 grit tomorrow to knock off the dust particles and tops of the higher peels and give it another coat. Then I'll wetsand it with 1200 and 2000. I may skip the 1200 depending on how smooth it dries. I see no need to take off more paint than necessary by doing two wetsands if I can smooth it with 2000 alone. Once again, this is why I agree so strongly with the recommendation of practicing this technique on a scrap piece before you paint your car. I would have been pretty upset to be wetsanding my car and find this info out on a large scale.