Quote:

The budget paint job on the TR4 is far from finished, but I am taking a break from wet sanding etc, so I can actually get driving. I will continue to work on it through the Summer to improve on the quality. 1st classic car show this weekend and I am interested to see what the reaction will be to a roller painted car.

I have a tinge of jealousy surfacing after seeing the TR4... Ah my good old days of owning a number of TR4A IRS's is flooding back...

Believe it or not... when I picked up the Mustang McLaren I was actually shopping around for 'yet another' TR4A IRS. But sanity took hold and I opted for the McLaren instead... just so I wouldn't have to pay through the nose for all the odd little parts that they charge a kings ransom for the TR4.

By the way... we have an auto-wrecker/junkyard up here that is 'mostly British' and he probably has more dismantled TR4 parts then all the other auto-recyclers combined ( in case you ever need some help locating a part ). He also has Healy 3000's & 6's... Jag XKE's and various Mark's... plus Spits and TR6's. I think he might even have one or two Jensens. The guy has been into Brit sportscar for about 45 years now ( and he is the guy that dropped that Turbo V6 Buick engine into my baby blue TR4A IRS

IF you have the TR4A IRS or a TR6 here is a money saving secret. The Datsun/Nissan 240Z U joint is identical in size and fit to the TR U joint - but it is 3 times stronger and 1/3rd the price

Last edited by Marq; 05/22/07 03:19 PM.