Quote:

One thing I did find was that it is best to make small 'batches' of thinned paint. I got about half the car done and found the paint began drying quite a bit faster, making it more trouble to get the bubbles out.

I am very pleased with the finish thus far but have one question: I don't have horrible orange peel or bubble issues, but there are several areas where the paint isn't 'level' because of overlap and so forth. I'm thinking a good wet sand even at this stage may be wise. Anyone have thoughts? Wasted effort or a good idea?
Rolling is actually fun! I'll post some photos as soon as possible.

I agree about making small batches at a time. I was using the cheapo 4" wide paint tray... and mixing right in the tray prior to use. That little tray could normally get me most of the way around the car. And yes... by about the last panel I would add a taste of mineral spirit to the paint tray to thin out the remaining paint, reclaim some of the paint that had been squeezed out on the ribbed portion of the tray.

If you are finding that the overall surface is not smooth... feel free to throw a wet sand stage in at that point. The key concept to keep in mind is that the smoother the surface as you go along, the shiner and glossier the end coat will be.

Thanks for the kind words about the Brightside.