Fellow red s13 owners, Rustoleum Sunrise Red is almost a d@mn near perfect match for your factory paint. Here is a post I put up on a nissan forum.

Just the rear quarters which were rusted and severely faded when I got it. (no wax would save it, trust me)

Q&A:

Q1. Did you take your time?
A1. No - and if you did you would have WAY better results. I have a wife and 3 kids, so my time is limited on being in the garage for hours on end.

Q2. Are you happy with the results?
A2. Yes, looks a HECK of alot better than it did before!

Q3. Was it easy?
A3. Yes, but I hate body work, and fixin around wheel wells is not fun for novices. Its not glass smooth but I'm ok with it. For application of paint, very straight forward.

It's not showroom finish. If the car passed by on the street you wouldn't notice anything out of the ordinary. Up close you can see it. But, I have not wetsanded at all, or waxed or anything. I'm letting it bake in the hot sun for a while.

Here goes...

When I first got the car, seconds after I pulled up in front of the house:

Bubbling purple tint removed, bra removed, body stripe removed (cept for parts of pignose ), and noobie novice patch work performed on rear quarters. POR-15 was used. Rear quarter panels sealed on both sides (interior panels removed to gain access):

another shot:

High Gloss Sunrise Red with roller. Rear quarters on both sides, and all along the rocker panel (removed the rear wiper a while ago too):

The driver side was exactly the same pretty much incase you were wondering.

Whats next you say? Spoiler removed and hatch repainted. Possibly the antenna is gone too. When the wife goes out of town next, the rear quarters are getting wetsanded and the whole car polished. The front area is faded slightly from the bra being on it so long from the previous owner. Oh well.

This car is a daily driver, to work and back, hockey, adverse weather conditions all through the winter and is parked in a shadey area of town while I'm at work (not from the sun either). This car will never get a professional paint job while its in my hands. I take good care of it mechanically, but the money isn't there to spend on it for a paint booth. (car was <500 bucks)

Cheers,

lbrowne

Last edited by lbrowne; 07/15/07 02:38 PM.