Hey Everyone, Been reading this thread (from the start on thread 1) just cant stop reading, and just wanted to post my bit of info...
First off i own a 78 chevy nova, its blue, almost ford blue so i am gonna paint it gloss black, theres a few dings and abit of rust behid driver door that i need to take care of first... but have began to paint the trunk as my test peice, this is my daily driver so i couldnt just paint the whole car, so im doing the trunk, then the hood, then roof, doors, quarters, etc... i have currently put on 4 coats and will finish the trunk and polish it this weekend, the 4th coat looks just stunning!

i put on 1 coat and when it dries i wetsand with whichever grade of grit im using on that coat and then paint the next coat... so im sanding after every coat to make sure i got bubble/line free surface...

I find it easier to paint when its 40 degrees out, it doesnt drie to fast and gives you more time to correct any errors... as i painted when it was 80 degrees (i live in illinois one day it was 40 the next 80, the next 50... its insane here) and the paint dried WAYYYYYY to fast!!!! then again it was sorta windy out and i was painting outside instead of in garage as i wanted to see how it went...

but anyways i dont have any pictures just yet, i work 12 hour shifts 3 days on 3 days off, so on my 3 days off as soon as i get off i wetsand, paint... next morning wetsand paint, that night wetsand paint, so i can get each section completely done in my 3 days, im trying ot take my time and do it right!

but this paint and method is amazing, i was at autozone the other day and had a buddy there testing my alternator (been running into some electrical issues ) but i told him to take a look at my trunk, and he said it looked pretty good... i told him i rollered it on (remember just 4 coats, no finish and polish yet) and his face just droped... he couldnt believe it!

with that i want to thank everyone for keeping everyone updated with how this is done, and offering all the information you can give about your projects...

and i know exit was having prblems with drying time, im not sure if he ever got it figured out yet as i havent read that far, but i remember he may of thought it was the mineral spirits, but im using the oderless mineral spirits (which its not oderless it has such a strong smell almost to knock you on your a** with a big sniff) but the dry times are fine... and might i add a warning when your painting to keep your face away from the paint surface, i get 6 inches away from the surface at a 50 degree angle or so to check the lines and bubbles i may have missed, as im painting, and i have to use a paint mask cause the mineral spirits does have a strong smell... oderless, right...

Good luck everyone and ill continue to keep my project updated and have pictures hopefully this weekend