Quote:

Quote:

That would have been the absolutely ideal body to have done the Brightside on... since the Vette body is so similar to the fiberglass and gel coat used on boats ( for which Brightside is normally applied to ).

It will be interesting to see how the Rustoleum holds up on the Vette body. All I can recall from my past is that bodywork and painting on Vettes usually required slightly different prepping and painting than regular cars at the Pro paint shops. And usually the pro-paints charge more to do them.... and half of the shops wouldn't even try to do them.

If you do encounter adhesion problems with the Rustoleum/Tremclad... at least you will know that you can safely fall back to the Brightside.

This vette was a huge basket case befor I got it. They used bondo on a bunch of places and already painted it with whoknows what. They re-sanded it (sort of)and all the fiberglass was covered and the gelcoat was covered with a primer and paint. Not sure if the Brightside would have had the chance to even touch the car to stick to it in the first place. I'm only slapping this together for a driver until I get the 69 Fastback or the 29 roadster on the road. (why waste the money on paint when it is needed elsewhere)

I'm going out to sand coat #2 now...

- Roadster

The front fenders on my 69 charger were fiberglass, i had no problems at all, i even hit a deer on a country twisty road at about 50mi/hr, and i watched as the fender popped up about 10" and back down, paint was intact, i had to straighten the front valance, and had to actually remove the bumper bolts to get the deer a$$ hairs out from under them!!!!! So after seeing that, i'm sure the paint would hold up perfectly on a vette, plus there's been lots of guys painting fiberglass buggies ect....with no issues.