Hi Marq!

Having read most of the posts from the very first thread on this subject I feel as if I know a bunch of you already, but it took about a week to get to this point!

Having said that, I (and I suspect many others) would love to see pics of some of the vehicles that were posted two years ago when this thread began but have since been lost because of hosting changes made by the original posters. Your Mustang, for example, is profiled quite a bit but the pictures are no longer available. Would you please repost a few of them? After all the kudos I'd love to finally see it!

On a separate note, I come from a classic Suzuki forum (TheGSResources.com) that has a similarly terrific group of members and a lot of them are interested in ways to repaint on their own. However, the biggest problem with "home jobs" has been the lack of resistance to spilled fuel. As you might imagine, this happens more often to motorcyclists than to the average car owner and there is nothing more frustrating than watching a nice paint job simply melt away the first time the gas spills.

I know that "Charger" has stated that his paint was unaffected by spill issues, but since he hasn't buffed his cars out to the "ultimate" shine I wonder if perhaps he didn't notice a problem because any haze (or loss of shine) the fuel might cause was already there? I'd be much more convinced if "Aussie's" gorgeous work had already proven to be gas resistant, or if your Mustang (which I hear is awesome but haven't seen yet) might have survived a gas spill with no ill effects. Any thoughts, specifically where it comes to the Brightside product?

Thanks in advance to everyone who's continued to prove the viability of this method over time! I have several potential projects in mind where this might be the perfect option! I look forward to your response, and I suspect many others watching this thread will appreciate some expanded discussion of "gas resistance."

Regards,

Last edited by Planecrazy; 01/28/08 05:05 PM.