[quote

The car is now ready, all the paint is on the car.
Now there is some dust on the car on the top paint... Not very much, but it's good visible..

So I think polishing is the best way to do I think.
What do you think? and when can I do this?
How long must the paint harden

Ok... in that case go through the washing down with a bucket of lightly soaped water to remove any large dust/bug/dog hair type artifacts.

You can then move on to using a polishing compound to try to work up the shine. It will remove any small dust / marks.

The 'hardening time' is a bit of debate as there isn't exactly one straight answer. Everyones situation will be different due to temperatures, humidity, overall environment where the car was kept, and even variances between how different colors appear to have slightly different 'full curing' times.

At the least... I would want to give the final coat a minimum of 7 clear days of neutral weather. IF it rains for two of those days... well add two more days on to your waiting time.

Charger was able to get excellent results without waiting too long to go to the final polishing stage. Some folks feel that a slightly softer surface is easier to polish. Others have found that if the paint is not fully cured their sand paper clogs up when web sanding.

When in doubt... do a little test area where if it botches up things won't be so noticeable.