Charger, just wanted to tell you that I have read every page of this 5+ year thread. You are a pioneer and trendsetter. I can't believe your bug looks that great after all these years. It literally looks identical to the pictures you posted in 2006. Beautiful work my man, and that Charger? All it's missing is a black 01 on the side of the doors and flag on the roof (as was stated 5 years ago. haha)
Anyways, amazing jobs you did. I have started work on my 1983 CJ7. I practiced on my doors, and although not perfect because I had to work outside, and the last 2 coats were put on while it was WINDY, and they got dust and a few tiny bits blown onto it, it still looks fantastic.
I hung the doors today even though I haven't wet-sanded and put on another coat if it needs because of the wind blown contaminants, but because it is so cold today and I needed to use Jeep to pick up kids from school, I just couldn't keep them off any longer. lol. Picture does show some stuff sticking to door, but I can wipe those off as it's just random leaves and such that is currently blowing on everyone's cars. Anyways, here is picture of it on my jeep I just took this afternoon. Makes the rest of my Jeep look like crap. haha. I owe it to you my friend. Maaco said minimum of $2500 to paint my jeep without the top. I am only in this Jeep for $120, and that includes a gallon of black (I know, hardest color cause shows everything), bondo, tape, rollers, trays, tack cloth, mineral spirits, grinders, sandpaper, other tools, etc... You saved me a ton. If you're ever in Denver, I'll buy you a beer!
http://imageshack.us/f/855/20111007114158.jpg/

Last edited by BigPete; 10/07/11 08:55 PM.