Quote:

I have a question for the guys here. Does anyone know of a place that would mix Rustoleum to look like a certian color? I've been to Home Depot and Lowes, neither of them can do it?

I think the only way you can do 'custom' Rustoleum or Tremclad colors is to 'do it yourself'.

Custom mixing of Rustoleum or Tremclad is not as simple as housepaints ( where they can match colors to whatever you want ). It is just the nature of the paint.

Most of us end up 'experimenting' and custom mixing our own paint. Some of those experiments work well and others just lead to frustration. Because you have two wild variables at play when you are custom mixing Rustoleum and Tremclad paints.

For example : Both companies produce a 'Fire Red'... and you would 'tend to think' that if you added a little black to it, then you might be able to shift the fire red over to more of a darker red. BUT instead you end up with something in the lines of a murky brown... or depending on the percentage mix, you might get a flippin purple.

So the problem we face is that we have to create custom colors by blending two or three existing colors. Whereas custom house paints, automotive paints and other customizable paints can have shots of base tints or base colors blended together in precise amounts to arrive at very specific or unique colors.

Anyhow... if you want to play around with trying to figure out a percentage ratio of mixing Tremclads and Rustoleum paints together... we talked way back in the message thread about how to make something like an artist pallete for testing out various percentage rates of blending to see on a small scale how blends would look...

I would be reluctant to add any tint or additive to try to alter the natural color of a given Tremclad or Rustoleum paint. You just never know how it will react over the long run...