Mike I believe your are correct on the guide coat and they even make " special guide coat paint " I do not think I will go that far. Over the long weekend I wet sanded whole car 320 and 400 mainly using 3M sanding blocks. I do not think that was the right choice. The car looks kinda like a tiger or " LIGER " new primer, original primer, original paint. Total opposet of what primer was suppose to accomplish " uniform color and smooth "
I will post Pic later. I think I should have done by hand (No rigid or semi rigid block )? I did try a couple of section hand only and I still burned through here and their and took forever to get peel/texture out. Now I wonder if all that mix match surface will show up? I think I might have to forgo any more primer and go straight to paint. I do believe I will spray I can't sand any more I just don't know what I'm doing. So now I have to buy a gun, more tape, and learn how to spray I feel Like an GOOBBER , But I have to do something in the shortest amount of time. Any help would be appreciated. I going to go mess. board diving I know spraying rusto has been talked about and there are somethings I just do not remeber. Like thinners, recoat times and how many, how not to get orange peel.