Quote:

I have "discovered" a new paint brand called Hammerite. It comes in smooth and also a finish called hammered. Looks like another interesting type of paint..Anyone have any experience with this stuff?

I've used the Hammerite spray can product on a number of things around the house (hammered copper on outdoor light fixtures, hammered green on a golf club (putter) I restored). It's supposed to look like the "hammered" finish that you find on machine tools and other equipment. (Think about the green uneven surface you've seen on equipment like drill presses...) As far as this type of finish goes, Hammerite comes close to the real thing, but is a lot smoother than what you'd see in a real industrial hammered finish. They use glass flakes in this paint and I guess the flakes that pass through an aerosol nozzle have to be pretty small.

It is a direct to metal paint. Where I've used it, it has held up very well. I have no experience with the smooth Hammerite and don't know how it would polish up for an automotive finish. Also, I've never brushed it.