hey what's up guys, I'm from www.sr20forum.com, one of the members there recently painted their nissan maxima with rustoleum with great results, so that got me anxious to jump on the bandwagon. I will be rolling rustoleum black on the car as a sort of base (no primer, rolling straight over sanded/body filled surfaces), and topping it with Brightside black paint. I figure I could get by with 2 decent layers of Brightside over the entire car with 2 quarts.

I was wondering if any of you have tried clearcoating brightside? I called Interlux today and they said they did not recommend it, since the resins in the paint resist abrasion. However, I was actually able to put scratches on the surface of my Brightside paint lid (Brightside lids are tinted with the color of the paint) with my fingernail if I tried hard enough. I figure the entire car would look like scratched and swirled after a few months if the paint scratches this easily. I was thinking of buying some House of Kolor's polyurethane clear enamel, since I'm sure it would be compatible with Brightside. I originally wanted to go the Rustoleum route all the way, with a final topping of Rustoleum industrial clear, but I don't believe Rustoleum has UV inhibitors, and in Hawaii, the weather quickly beats up cars sitting outside.

Also, for anyone who's used Brightside, did you ever thin the paint before applying? I'm in high 70's to mid 80's weather, with decent humidity (I'm in Hawaii), so I hope I can get the Brightside on to my car with maximum gloss.